Education and Equipment
Unlike many other private schools that offer musical education, TEVİTÖL’s curriculum includes not only instrument lessons but also classes on Solfeggio and the History of Music. Students only acquire the necessary fundamental knowledge when they take music lessons that combine these three classes. Most of the teachers in the Music Department are lecturers in conservatories and artists in reputable orchestras, a clear indication of the department’s superior quality.
Starting from 2017, the new Music Department is located within the new “Nevin-Mehmet Bilginer Arts and Culture Centre” building, fully equipped for all interested students.
- 1 Fully-Equipped Solfeggio & Music History Class (Piano, Stereo System, Projector, DVD, Music Library)
- 11 Classrooms for Practicing Instruments (Equipped with Piano, Desk, Reading Area)
- 1 Instrument Room / Archive
- 1 Music Office & CD-DVD Archive
- A fully equipped Arts Centre including the new Music Department with a Concert Hall for an audience of 500, giving the possibility for solo, chamber music and choral performances; incuding recording possibilities. Furthermore, future programms include specially invited orchestras, jazz groups, literature readings, drama and ballet performances.
- Almost 70 instruments chosen by the Pekinels and teachers
- Individual instruments for each chosen special music student to use within the music department.